Global IT Operations Manager (m/w/d)
For us, everything revolves around future mobility. Together with well-known automobile manufacturers and system partners we develop sensors and power electronics for emission reduction, safety and comfort.
KYOCERA AVX is a leading global supplier of a wide range of products, including advanced electronic components, sensors, controls, connectors, and antenna solutions. The Kyocera Group is committed to building a better future through technology and KYOCERA AVX will build on that tradition of innovation to create a better world beyond our imagination. Our passion for innovation helps us to create products that make everyday life better, for consumers and for businesses.The vast array of electronic components that we design & make connect people & technology, and will continue to revolutionize society far into the future.
- manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of on-premise IT systems, including networks, databases, data centers, servers, PCs, operating systems, and associated hardware.
- plan, design and implement cloud infrastructure solutions with strategic partners.
- develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- develop and implement functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- dversee key deliverables such as timely communication of project milestones, status reporting, change requests and budget performance for strategic initiatives.
- manage and mentor both direct and indirect reports; provide guidance and support to team members supporting training and career development needs.
- develop and maintain strategic relationships with general business managers, plant and factory leadership to align corporate IT infrastructure with business needs.
- partner with Information Security, Privacy and other functions to ensure technology infrastructure is secure and compliant with data protection requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- a Masters degree, diploma or similar in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation is a plus.
- 8-10 years of hands-on experience in operations management and desktop support services, including experience designing and maintaining a data center.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning, development and disaster recovery planning.
- Experience in maturing processes including having the opportunity to be a part of an IT organization during various stages of growth from small to global international organization.
- Strong leadership, time organization and time management skills as well as ability to scope and size work efforts effectively.
- Highly developed and influential communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Team player with proven ability to facilitate project delivery through high-functioning teams.
- English is the language of Kyocera-AVX and an ability to communicate in English is required.
- Able to travel (up to 25% of time) to remote locations to supervise and oversee teams and technologies. Travel would increase if you are not sitting at one of the KYOCERA AVX locations.
- Remote work is possible subject to approval by IT Director.
We enjoy a variety of benefits at each of our sites. These include attractive sports and health offers, employee canteens, discount agreements and much more.